Want to increase height at the age of 20 is not too difficult, practice the…
How tall is 20 years old?
Height increase only takes place at a certain time, when the growth cartilage is still active. So at the age of 20, what is the standard height? Can you increase your height at this age? Let’s find out methods to improve height for 20-year-olds.
Each person has a certain time of stopping height, usually 18-20 years old is the period when the cartilage growth begins to close, the bone becomes ossified, which means the end of height increase. However, in some cases, height can still increase slightly if the right health care method is applied. The following article of Growtallerblog.com will help you better understand this issue!
Standard height of a 20 year old
Height has the strongest growth in 3 stages: Fetal – first 3 years of life – Puberty. Puberty in girls occurs around 10-16 years of age, while puberty in boys occurs later than 11-18 years. Thus, 20 years old is the time when puberty has ended, the growth rate is no longer strong, even very slow.
According to the standard height table of Vietnamese children and adolescents, a 20-year-old male is 177cm tall, a 20-year-old woman is 163.3cm. This result may be different at the same age by influencing factors such as living environment, health care such as nutrition, exercise, sleep…
Ways to increase height at the age of 20
The rate of height growth at the age of 20 is very slow, requiring constant application of methods to accelerate the process. However, you will only grow taller at this age if the growth plate is still open. To determine this, you need to go to a medical facility to take X-rays to check the working state of the cartilage.
If 20-year-olds still have the ability to increase, you can apply the following improvement methods:
Eat healthy, scientifically
Through food in daily diet, bones and joints are provided with important nutrients that participate in the process of nurturing and supporting development. To promote height growth in your 20s, you should add:
- Calcium: The body needs calcium to create healthy bones, bones are also the main storage place of calcium. The body does not make calcium, but gets it through the foods you eat or from supplements. If you don’t get enough calcium in your diet, your bones may be weak or not develop properly.
- Collagen: Collagen helps strengthen bones and participates in the formation of bone structure. Supplementing with collagen helps maintain bone density, reducing osteoporosis. In particular, type 2 collagen has the ability to form a strong mesh in the bones for calcium and minerals to adhere to.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays an important role in increasing the absorption of calcium into the bones. Even calcium after supplementation will become meaningless without the presence of vitamin D in the body.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K has the ability to maintain bone health, increase bone mineral density, and support calcium transport to bones. This is also a perfect combination for the bones to have enough conditions to grow.
- Minerals (Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc…): Bones need a necessary amount of minerals to maintain growth as well as support nutrients to carry out the function of nourishing bones.
Actively exercise and sports
The exercise mode helps you train your body, and at the same time stimulates the bones to lengthen and strengthen the muscles. Some sports have the effect of height development such as swimming, badminton, basketball, volleyball… Or you can do musculoskeletal stretching exercises at home, practice yoga, gym, jump rope, etc. jogging… also helps to improve height significantly.
Improve the quality of sleep
A good night’s sleep helps you have more energy to work, increase the ability to absorb nutrients. Bones grow the most when you sleep, this is also the time when the body removes toxins and performs metabolism. In the deep state of sleep (23h – 1h), the pituitary gland secretes the most growth hormone during the day.
Therefore, if you want to successfully improve your height, you need to take care of your sleep by:
- Sleep before 10pm and get enough sleep at least 8 hours/day.
- Limit psychological stress while sleeping.
- Do not eat too much in the evening or before bedtime.
- Limit blue light exposure before bed.
Limit the use of stimulants
Stimulants such as tobacco, alcohol, beer… contain many harmful substances that have the ability to inhibit growth. This is also the cause of many dangerous diseases that make the body unsuitable for height growth. Those who want to increase height need to stay away from these stimulants.
Maintain healthy living habits
- Maintain good posture when standing, sitting or lying down.
- Drink enough water every day.
- Spend 10 minutes a day in sunlight to synthesize vitamin D under the skin through the mechanism of ultraviolet radiation.
- Limit processed foods, sweet foods, carbonated drinks …
- Maintain a healthy weight.
20 years old is the rush to complete the fixed height. If you have not reached the height standard at the age of 20, quickly apply the methods that we have just shared in case you can still grow. However, the best way is still to take care of your height during puberty so that the growth process goes smoothly and quickly.